Friday, October 5, 2007

There is Good In Our City

I've been pretty harsh on our elected leaders and for good reason. The amount of back room dealings is a disgrace. Many of our leaders have little regard for those who live outside the "special" (i.e. midtown) area. Even though my tone is harsh, I write because I have a love for this great city and know it has many wonderful qualities.

For starters, our downtown is full of historic buildings. Few towns our size have the number of large churches in such a short radius. These buildings and others in the downtown area are a living history of a bygone era, he oil boom. They also offer a glimpse into the different architecture types used in this city.

Drive towards North Denver and get a look at the Brady Mansion. Mapleridge also has many historic homes that are a sight to behold. Our city also an interesting Route 66 legacy. I am amazed at the strong family values our city has. Truly our city is a faith oriented city with a host of Godly churches.

While I could go on and on, this post is by no means exhaustive. I simply want to express how much I love this great city of ours and am proud to call Tulsa mine and my family's home. Because I know we can do berrer is why I many times will without apology express my opinions.

Tulsa is a city that belongs to EVERYONE, not just a privileged few.

No comments: