Sunday, February 3, 2008

Daniel Lesson

Today I had the honor of teaching a class on the book of Daniel (no, I don't mean the sacrilege that died a not-too-quick death on NBC after two or three episodes) This is the real deal, Daniel, as in the lion's den. Although nervous, I thought the class went rather well. I was able to cover chapters 1-4; next week I will finish up the history section with chapters 4-6, then spend the next couple of weeks discussing the prophecies given to Daniel by God.

If you haven't read or studied Daniel, I recommend you do so. Get yourself a good commentary, one that explains the text and does a good job giving a thorough argument for Daniel's authorship. The New American Commentary does an excellent job of doing both these things. For example, liberals believe Daniel didn't write the book but that it was written by a Jew during the second century B.C. The NAC explains how that is incorrect using both Biblical and historical/archaelogical sources.

Pray the rest of my lesson goes well and the class is able to learn about this great book.

No comments: