Friday, June 13, 2008

What the Hell are we Fighting For?

Why are we fighting in Iraq? What's the point?

This isn't some anti war screed but my question remains. Also, why are our service men and women putting themselves in harm's way killing or capturing ememies of our country only to see them awarded "rights" by the Supreme Court of the United Stated?

Thursday in a 5-4 decision SCOTUS declared terrorists had the same constitutional rights you and I enjoy as American citizens. For the first time in our nation's history, not only do we have to Mandaraize captured combatants, we have now bestowed certain rights to enemies of America. Rights, I might add were NOT bestowed on captured Nazi and Japanese POWs and war criminals

I can't believe I would see the day where members of our highest court would deal such a blow to our war effort. Furthermore I can't believe SCOTUS would simply discard not only rulings from other courts (including their own) but our Constitution as well. but, hey, they have been doing this going on forty years.

I guess if we lose the War on Radical Islam, it won't be because we were outfought, it was because of the liberal elites at home.

God only knows how this will affect the security of our country.

My question remains. If we have no support from leaders sworn to protect and defend the constitution of the United States, what the hell are we fighting for?

No comments: