Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Mower

Since my older mower is not working, we are in the market for a new one.

We don't have a large yard so I couldn't justify spending a bunch of cash on a gas powered mower. Plus, with the rising cost of gasoline, I wanted to save money where I could.

After shopping around I broke down and bought a cheap, push reel mower. Now, let's get one thing straight, I'm not trying to go "green" nor do I think using my gas mower is going to send earth into a global warming holocaust. I just want a worry free, quiet, non gas guzzling mower. WW, who does not mow tried her hand on the front yard and loved it. I mowed the back yard and it looks great. It's more work but hey, I've got a gut, I think I can use the exercise.

As long as I don't let my grass get overgrown, I think it will work fine.

1 comment:

Savage Baptist said...

I have had such a mower in the past, and you are right: as long as you don't let the grass get overgrown, they are just fine for a small yard. But I caution you that if you do skip a week, or God forbid, two, the next week you will almost certainly be borrowing someone else's gas mower. It's next to impossible to cut an overgrown lawn with the things, so it is absolutely imperative that you keep up.