Saturday, March 8, 2008

Road Trip Day III

After WW got a massage and I took care of some business in town (more on that later) we met up and spent the rest of the day driving/walking around Eureka Springs. We both enjoyed the Bed and Breakfast we've been staying at and would gladly come back. If you are interested in getting away for a couple of days, give Evening Shade a try. Our room, which was large with a king sized bed and two person hot tub in the corner, was very nice. Each day, the owners bring a breakfast and an afternoon desert to your door. For the price of the package, we got a good deal. For both of us, this was a much needed get-away. I'm glad we got to vacation, but I'm ready to get back into the normal swing of things at home.

As for the business I had in town? Well, let's just say I did something which had serious consequences. WW and I will have to live with my decision the rest of our lives and everyday I will have a reminder of the choice I've made. Taken rashly, this action would have a serious affect on my job and future career choices. It was (a little) painful and more than once while undertaking it, I had second thoughts. It was a grave undertaking fraught with long hours of research and self reflection. More than once, I had second thoughts and considered calling my contact and cancelling my appointment. However, I decided to throw caution to the wind and continue with my plans. Needless to say, I (or a part of my body) will never be the same.

I GOT A TATTOO!!!!!!!

That's right, I got inked. This is something I wanted to do for some time. Let me start from the beginning.

For several years, I've considering getting a tattoo but did not know what to get or where to put my art work. I did my research and talked to several tattoo artists. All in all they had very good advice (think carefully what you get, and where you put your tattoo, the pain depends on where you get inked, don't get one spur of the moment etc) Remember, this was before Oklahoma legalized tattoos so if I went through with it, I'd have to go to another state. I almost got tattooed several years ago on an Arkansas trip but a shortage of funds and time put a stop to my plans.

After choosing a design and getting an estimate, I called Tattoos Done Eureka Style and told them if I choose to get one, I'd stop by. Due to business, I had to schedule a four o'clock appointment so I spent the day anticipating (and worrying) about my date with destiny. The artist, Jodi, was very patient with me and answered all my questions. If I wanted to know why she was doing something, she happily explained that part of the procedure. She reassured me I'd do fine and the pain was not as bad as people said it was. The parlor was a very clean and professional establishment. In fact, I later learned the owner was going to school to pursue a career in medical work.

I was very happy with the finished product. If I needed my tattoo updated or got another one, I'd go there again.

You'll have to read the next post if you want to know what tattoo I got and where I got it.

No comments: