Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter Wonderland Part II

After going to the motel lobby for breakfast, I noticed several groups wanting rooms due to the power outage. After reserving our room for a second night we headed out to run errands and take care of our dogs. Once home, we saw the extant of the damage on our street. One branch was in our yard and there was so much debris in our driveway we had to park along the side of the curb. Our next door neighbor had several tree limbs in both his front and back yard.

Once finished with our errands, we went and got food from a store near our motel room. When we got there, we found the power was completely out so I went downstairs to get our money back. The attendant would not give me cash telling me "when power is restored he will put the charges back on my credit card. " (Don't get me started) WW and I spent the next hour or two looking for a place to stay with no luck. I finally decided we'd head to my father's house in Cherokee County where we are now.

Both WW and I have tried to call our offices to find out if they were opened tomorrow (Both were closed today) we discovered the phone lines have been down for some time.

I'm thankful we have a place with electricity but I'll be glad when the power to our house is back on. God only knows if I will be able to salvage any of our foodstuffs in the fridge and deep freezer.

P.S. Our three dogs are fine; they are at a friend's house who has heat.

No comments: