Saturday, December 1, 2007

Opening Night

Last night was the opening night of our church drama "The Christmas You've Always Dreamed of." Overall, the play went very well and from what I saw of the audience, they enjoyed both the dinner and performance.

I've enjoyed helping and participating in the play (I have one scene and a whopping one line) Although I wasn't happy about many of the late night rehearsals, I'm thankful God used this event to move me out of my comfort zone. This was a much needed spiritual lesson. Many times God may want his children to serve where they may not feel qualified. In ourselves, we are unable to accomplish His will, through Him, however, all things are possible. This is what Paul meant in Phillipans 4:13, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."

I'm also thankful my daughter is able to participate in the production. She is one of the Christmas Tree dancers. She told me she has enjoyed performing for the church and is looking forward to participating in the future. She is also looking forward to her mother coming tonight for the second nights performance.

I pray many lives will be touched and those who usually are not in an area to hear the Gospel will be changed by God's grace. All glory goes to God in this production.

No comments: