Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Randi Miller Out

I know there were other elections on the ballot but the one that caught my eye was the Republican primary for County Commissioner. If you are just waking up Randi Miller was defeated by Sally Bell in a landslide. I figured Randi overplayed her hand, supporting every tax increase, evicting Bell's with no good reason, and showing more interest to her good ole boy buddies than to those who put her in office. Those kind of actions will one day catch up with you, so I wasn't surprised to see her go. What I was surprised was the margin of her defeat. At last count it was somewhere in the 80/20 margin.

The wide margin should be a wake up call not only to Randi Miller but to others who are more interested in lining the pockets of their buddies than doing their civic duty. Mayo Taylor are you listening? It sounds like the public, sick of the corruption, had little tolerance for Randi's excuses.

It ain't over yet though. Now Mrs. Bell faces a well funded opponent Karen Keith in November.

Let's not lose focus. Maybe we can get a real grass roots County Commissioner who for once has our back elected in November.

Congratulations Sally Bell on a well deserved victory.

1 comment:

Jason Bell said...

I am Sally's youngest son, Jason. Robby is my big bro. I am, for the most part, seperate from Bell's, except for helping out every now and then during our past seasons.

Through this whole debacle, and through my mom's campaign, I haven't said much. I have just tried to support my mom, my dad, and my bro in any way I can. They are the greatest people in the world, in my opinion. They all three are my mentors and my heros.

Throughout the years, Bell's has had many hardships and many dissappointments. There is so much risk and stress in this business. So many times, I have prayed with white knuckles for my family, and for what they have had to endure. There were years where it seemed that it was just God pulling us through.

I just wanted to thank you for your support. It touches my heart that you have supported my family.

You all are wonderful, and I can't thank you enough. Keep on praying for us ... there's much more to do! We gotta start a new park and win an election!

Thanks again!

jabelltulsa@gmail.com